On Board Unit
What is an On Board Unit?
An On Board Unit is a small device that registers the kilometers driven on a payable toll road. The device is being stick to the windshield and is in contact with the navigation satellite. It measures the exact number of driven kilometers; you will not be billed for more.
How do I install my On Board Unit (OBU)?
The unit has suction cups and is attached to the windshield of the truck cabine. It is then plugged into the cigarette lighter. Once the OBU data has loaded its data and is functioning correctly the light is green and the driver can use the Belgian roads.
What do I need to do when the light on my OBU is red?
When you have a red light on your OBU instead of a green one, you may not drive on with your truck on the Belgian public roads. You must call the call center of your service provider’ and follow he instructions they will give you. This is the only way to avoid the risk of getting a fine.
– Axxes: call +33 426 297 580
– Eurotoll: call +33 825 10 10 80 (0,15 €/min)
– Telepass: call 0800 81 449
– Total: call +33 970 824 247
– Toll4Europe: call +31 85 00 26 025 and enter ’10’
– Satellic: call 00800 72 83 55 42
Where can I get an OBU (On Board Unit)?
The OBU can be ordered at
- the service providers of the Kilometre Charge
|Axxès service email@example.com|
|Axxès commercial firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eurotoll service email@example.com|
|Toll4Europe||www.toll4europe.eu||+49 89 5880 8925
|Total Marketing Services (Total)||www.total.be||+32.2.288.99.72||Cards.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Total Marketing Services (AS24)||www.as24.com||+32.2.274.27.80|
- one of the 120 distribution points located all over Belgium. The map with the exact locations is to be found at https://www.satellic.be/en-UK/servicepoints
What will happen when I don’t have an OBU?
Violators will be fined and have three hours time to stand in line. When they are still violating the kilometer charge regulation, they will be fined again.