Are there other +3.5 ton trucks that don’t have to pay toll charge? 

Apart from the exemptions, there are a couple of categories of vehicles that fall outside the scope of the kilometer charge: self-driving vehicles, oldtimers, instruction vehicles and ZZ license plates. These categories are subject to strict regulations. More details, you will find on the page exemptions/outside scope.

Are Z-license plates exempted, and if not, which values do I need to register for my OBU if I’m driving with Z-license plates (dealer license plates)?

If you are driving trucks with Z plates (test drives, trips to and from technical truck inspection,…) you don’t always know which type of truck you will be driving on a certain day.

Therefore you need to register your OBU at the highest weight class and the lowest emission class of the trucks you will be driving with that Z license plate. Mind that this can be the values of 2 different trucks. You need to scan the vehicle documents of those 2 corresponding vehicles to prove the emission and weight class when registering your Z license plates and OBU.

Please bear in mind that you are at all times responsible for the values that you have registered and that you risk a fine if you use the Z license plates and OBU on vehicles with a higher weight or lower Euro class than actually registered on the OBU.

Which vehicles are exempted from kilometer charge?

The law explicitly specifies a number of categories that are exempt from kilometer charges. These are vehicles that are used exclusively by the military, firefighters, police and medical services. Also tractors for for agriculture, forestry and fish farming which drive seldomly on the public road are exempted. Some other specific categories are exempt as well like passenger vehicles (cars, buses, campers…). In the case of combined vehicles, the toll only applies if the maximum authorized mass of the tractor intended for freight, is over 3.5 tonnes.